11.22.2000

Random Ramblings
Last night, Dan and I packed up our tunes and headed up to Barca to spin some ska, reggae, funk & soul. Theresa, Corine, Michelle, Scott, Laurie, Trumaine, Marjan & Neil were all there and we had a blast! I was especially psyched to play some LPs I'd, uh...acquired from my mother. Jerry Butler, Sam Cooke, Stevie Wonder, Joe Simon and Brook Benton all got on the turntable last night.
DJing is a strange thing. Some people have such an emotional connection to the music, its like they can't help but make comments to you about your selections. In my experience, this is usually a bad thing, but last night was OK. I got requests for The Clash, Derrick Morgan, Desmond Dekker and Toots and the Maytals.
Dan and I switched off, playing short sets and best of all-we got paid in drinks!
I have two more days of personal time I have to use or lose before the end of the year, so maybe I'll get to play again real soon.

I'm supposed to go over to my mother's house today and hang out with her. Due to religious reasons, she doens't observe Thanksgiving so I'm free to hang out with my friends that day. I'm Planning to stop by Tower and pick up some tunes as a gift. I haven't gotten her any new music in a long time. She has a 60 disc changer, CD are a tad too expensive.
Wow, its sunny out...better get crackin'...

No comments: