1.08.2001

So my mother calls me at 2PM-the middle of the 'night' and makes Frito wake me up to tell me that my Aunt Doris passed away and that my Uncle Eddie just had heart sugery. Then she asks me why I was sleeping in the middle of the day! Gee, Mom-I've only been working nights FOR SEVEN MONTHS!! On top of that, she's been sitting on top of this news since Friday!! Grrr.
I don't mean to sound cold, but I'm not particularly close to either relative, so I was pretty irritated. After laying in bed fuming for an hour, I decided that I wasn't going back to sleep. So I made dinner and headed to work.
Curt (bless him), did me a solid and had some stuff ready for me. Johnny 2X bounded in shortly after and we got to work, me on the 1 & the 2 and him on #3 and the flatbed. I finished everything Curt set up for me but man, am I tired!
I have a love/hate relationship with sleep. I know I need it but there's aways something I want to read or someplace I want to go or do. I actually was trying to be good yesterday, knowing that I wasn't going to have an assistant! Ah, well.
I'm trying to introduce the guys at work to the joys of blogging. So I set up one for the department as a means of keeping my inbox clear of silly stuff. We'll see what happens. And I managed to rip Dan's copy of 69 Love Songs by the Magnetic Fields and burn it to disc (I love these TDK 700MB CD-R's!) I got close to 200 songs on one CD!
Anyways-I'm hungry and sleepy and still annoyed, so I better head off to bed.
Happy Monday Ev'rybody...!

No comments: