2.26.2001

Fhoo Pah-

So I'm downstairs Sunday after work-talking to Adam about our Friday night and how much fun it was and he says: And you! Kissing Angela! What's up with that?!
Me: What?! I so did not!
Adam: You did so! Right in front of me! You grabbed her and planted one right on her!
Me (horrified-Exceptionally Bad Form to be mackin' on yr roommate's date): Dude! I've never even had a dirty thought about Angela-You sure?!
Adam: Totally sure!
Me: Sorry dude-Honest to God, I don't remember it.
Adam: Ha! Too bad-she's a great kisser!
Me: No wonder she was flipping me shit yesterday! I didn't even know what she was talking about. I better call her and apologize. I don't want her to think I've been secretly lusting after her bod! (This would make her a rare exception to the rule-but true nonetheless)

Adam gives me Angela's number. While I think of what to say, I try to recall the events of the evening. I remember most everything but there's a vague impression of being out on the dance floor...Damn you, Man Gene!
I call on Adam's phone-feeling cheesy: Hey, its Stacey...
Angela: I was wondering why Adam was calling back so soon. Stace, you don't need to apologize. I've been waiting for you to kiss me for years! (Clearly joking-whew, she's not mad!)
Me: Well, I don't know what got into me, you know when I'm tired/drunk and overstimulated my internal censor turns off. I'm sorry, man...I don't even remember doing it.
Angela: Its cool!
Me: OK-I'm swearing off Ice Tea's at the Backdoor!

Angela rules...



No comments: