4.19.2001

So after a semi-stressful three days of work, I am now back to the dark cave that is the basement. I went out to the Baltic Room tonight for Top Of The Pops (Brit-Pop night) and to drink, socialize and ogle all the fresh, sleek and pretty girls that seem so young . Stu and I often make remind each other of Chris Rock's joke about "The Old Guy At The Club" ("He's not old-Just too old to be at the club"). Or as the late blues shouter Wynonie Harris sang-'I feel that old age comin' on...'
Odd numbered years seem to be particularly nasty lately. In the first three months or '99, my ex-girlfriend lost her mother and grandmother within a month. It was rainy and dark almost all the time. My stepmother passed away, leaving my teenaged half-brother an orphan. My friend Big Sister Amy discovered she had MS. My pal Chris fell through a roof and broke his back...
This year...Well, to tell the truth-I really don't want to go on about it. Some of you already know what's up. Oddly enough, even though nothing bad has happened to me yet (knock on wood), I still feel like I'm in a leaky boat on a sea of shit. My way of dealing with it is to focus on what is directly in front of me and keep moving. So if I seem a little "different" lately-that's why.
I still managed to find little pockets of joy, however. This one cheered me up! (warning: turn yr speakers down if yr at work) AND I just got this note from two very lovely and talented ladies I know:

Sent: Tuesday, April 17, 2001 4:06 PM

this is just to let you all know that there is a retail showroom opening and
studio launch of our new space...wednesday 25th april...between
6-10pm
...dumbclothing and fabulous frocks......maggie soladay
photography plus special guest artists...please come and help
celebrate the opening of the pink palace ....1504 E 11th @
pike
...directly below the actors studio...thanks for the continued
support...paula


I'm planning on stopping by before the St. Germain show.
Well, hopefully it will be sunny again tomorrow (so I can avoid going outside!). Chad (AKA DJ Deep C) is coming from Over Yonder (Bremerton) to check out Barca (he's gonna lay down some deep house there in about a month) and hang out...another reason to cheer!

G'nite...


No comments: