10.23.2002

I got this from a friend today:

LEO (July 23-Aug. 22): Quoted in the San Francisco Chronicle, Leo actor Christian Slater bemoaned aspects of his training. "I glommed on to the idea," he said, "that I had to suffer for my art. Acting teachers love to promote the idea that in order to really get into character, you've got to put yourself through emotional hell."
Many of you Leos have a similar attitude. You regard your whole life as a work of art that shines brightest when it flirts with interesting pain. In the coming months, though, you'll be called upon to make dramatic revisions in your approach to self-expression. I suggest you take your inspiration from Slater's new and improved belief: "Now I'd say, *'Don't* suffer for your art.'"
-rob breszny

Thanks. I've been getting good advice from all corners! I think I'd already decided to *not suffer* when I told J. I couldn't be friends with her. It was hard because even though we weren't working out, we still liked each other a lot.
I know myself though! Remember how hard it was for you and I become friends. If I let myself repeat that pattern, I'd be setting myself up for another failure and it would suck and I'd wind up hating her. As it stands, I'm amused that I didn't heed the many warning signs. Like I said before she and I hooked up-hope can be a two-edged sword. Now I'm healing on my own and have moved back into my happy space. I still have my true friends, life is good.
I don't know what the future holds, but I've learned an important lesson: If it don't fit, don't force it!

P.S.-Saw "The Ring" today...brrrrrrr!

No comments: