11.16.2002

Scott's scooter showed up Friday night. Four months ago, he ordered a Vespa VBB from Scootrs and after much nail-biting, garment-renting and gnashing of teeth, it's here! We uncrated it and it's sooooo sweet! He got it gassed and oiled up and we took it for a spin around the block. It feels really solid though I prefer my mine, though...it's bigger!
I got a windscreen for Betty from my buddy Jason and after some difficulty finding some mounting clips, I got it on and took her out for a test drive. I've been on the freeway, and while I can't really tell that it makes much of a difference, damn, it sure looks cool. I also purchased a thermal rain suit and a new pair of gloves which set me back $150...I was prepared to pay more but why look a gift horse in the mouth, eh?
Frito and his buddy Jake got together to make a Turducken. A reporter from The Stranger is supposed to write about it, so look for a story in a couple of weeks. Otherwise, I had a good weekend. Maria took me out for Dim Sum, Oani came up from Puyallup to visit and she and I went to the last Bonafide! I generally took it easy.
I'm about to hit the hay, I've got practice at 4PM. The band is coming along well and there may be some surprises in store!

No comments: