2.22.2003

Met with Laura today. We went to Aoki on Broadway for Tonkatsu and spicy tuna maki. Afterwards we dropped my bike off at her place and (after stopping off at Larry’s Market for bulk candy) went to see Daredevil at the Oak Tree. I must admit, I actually liked the movie. Of course, saying this will probably get me an email the Prof asking, “What the Hell is Wrong with You?” But De Gustibus & all that. I was totally prepared to hate Affleck, but he did a really good job! Not nearly as annoying as I thought he’d be. And that first fight scene in the bar was simply amazing.
I think the requisite romance would’ve worked better if it had been played like Chow Yun Fat & Michelle Yeoh’s in “Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon” and I thought they should’ve explored Murdock’s Catholicism more-because of the issues of guilt, good & evil and vengence. (If only M Night Shyamalan had directed this flick!)
Anyway, after the movie I stopped in at two local computer stores, looking for a new hard drive and was thwarted at both places! Taking that as a sign that it was not meant to be, I got home just ahead of the rain. Oani called and asked me if I wanted to come out with her and her friends, but I just didn’t have it in me to suit up and go out again. So I wrapped myself in blankets, poured a big glass of RC Cola and watched “Betterman” on Tech TV.
Tomorrow, Heidi is stopping by for a few hours before heading up north to see her brother. We’ll probably get lunch and hang out. I’m going to enjoy a Saturday with no place to be! No band practice for two weeks!! Whee!

No comments: