2.18.2003

Wow. I haven’t updated in awhile…Musta been bizzy.
Let’s see. Wednesday was Carmel’s big 3-0 birthday and we went down to Pioneer Square to celebrate. I dunno if it was the food or one too many of Matt’s cigarettes, but by the time my appetizer arrived I wasn’t feeling so good.
I thought I’d stick it out and go to work, seeing how I was mere blacks away at the time, but all I really wanted to do was stick my finger down my throat and be done with it…so I came home and called in sick.
I got some sleep, then met Suze at noon at a Mexican joint on Madison that she was curious about. The food was OK, but the company was awesome!
We went back to her place so I could check it out. It’s in a nice older building and Suze, being “a very stylish girl” decorated it very stylishly. She gave me a tour and we yakked about decorating and art and gossip, etc. But I was tired and needed to go home.
Later on, I met up with Scott at the Baltic Room. Even though he and I live together, we don’t get to talk much, with me working a schedule opposite his. So we had a couple of drinks and caught up. Then we rode home and watched Smackdown!
On Friday, I caught the 11:40 ferry to Bremerton and perused the paper on the hour-long ride. Patty and Chad showed up soon after I did and after everything was squared away the three of us went grocery shopping. We bought a ton of food for their 5-year anniversary slumber party. We went to Pho Hoa for some Pho, then went home. Heidi showed up later and I got to unload the burning hunkahunka love I carry for her. She cut her hair and looked lovely as usual.
The next morning Shelli arrived and the four of us went to an auction. Chad and I wandered around hoping to find something cool, but to no avail. I think there would’ve been better pickings at the local Goodwill!
So he and I hopped in his car and drove back to their place so he could pack up his old Playstation so he could trade it in. We got a PS2 and Final Fantasy X and spent the rest of the afternoon with that. Tracy B. had arrived while we were at the store.
I was pleased to read about the protests that had taken place over the weekend. I would’ve gone had I stayed in town…I certainly wasn’t expecting anything to happen in Bremerton, since the place depends on the Navy for it very existence!
Around 7 or so, the festivities got under way. Patty and Shelli made enough food to choke a horse! Venus De Milo was embraced. Third eyes were squeegeed. There was some projectile vomiting (not me!), foot and back rubs and hugs and much love spread around. We marveled at the speed that time had flown by. I reaffirmed my love for my extended family…it was all good.
The next morning, I reluctantly packed my shit, hopped on my bike and headed for home. No rest for the wicked! Band practice was at 4 and it was imperative that we get the three Ride songs we’re doing: “All I Can See”, “Mousetrap” and “Kaleidoscope” together for the show on Thursday.
After practice, I got about an hours sleep and then headed off to work.

VENUS (Verlaine)

Tight toy night, streets were so bright.
The world looked so thin and between my bones and skin
there stood another person who was a little surprised
to be face to face with a world so alive.
And I fell.
DIDJA FEEL LOW? NO, Not at all. HUH???
I fell right into the Arms of Venus de Milo.
I stood up, walked out of the Arms of Venus de Milo.
You know it's all like some new kind of drug.
My senses are sharp and my hands are like gloves.
Broadway looked so medieval -
it seemed to flap, like little pages:
I fell sideways laughing with a friend from many stages.
How l felt.
DIDJA FEEL LOW? Uh,uh. HUH???
Suddenly my eyes went so soft and shaky.
I knew there was pain but pain is not aching.
Then Richie, Richie said:
"Hey man let's dress up like cops
Think of what we could do!"
But something, something said "you better not."
And I fell.
DIDJA FEEL LOW? NO, Not at all. HUH???
I stood up, walked out of the Arms of Venus de Milo.


No comments: