4.19.2003

Songs And The People They Remind Me Of

Sparklehorse - Piano Fire
The line "I got sunburned waiting for the jets to land" seems to resonate with Frito.

Guided By Voices - Game of Pricks
Patty. Reminds me of the dark days at the rekindling of our friendship when we were both struggling with issues and relied on one another for support.

Screamin' Jay Hawkins - Frenzy/There's Something Wrong With You
El Stu. We used to crank SJH before hitting Belltown for a night of drinking.

John Spencer Blues Explosion - Full Grown
Matt D. and I used to play this SO LOUD you hear it two blocks away. Matt would lose his shit, truly awesome to behold.

Dead Can Dance - American Dreaming
Heidi and I would hang out at the Frontier Room and put this on the jukebox and sing it to each other. It was 'our song'...*sigh*

The Long Winters - Stupid
Tabitha. I tried to play this for her, but she hates songs that you have to "listen" to.

Any Hall and Oates Song
Richelle B. I'd like to think I helped my former boss embrace her love for the most sucessful pop duo of the 80's.

Elvis - Don't Be Cruel
Everly Brothers - Bird Dog
Johnny Cash - Folsom Prison Blues
My cousin David and I wore these out when we were 8 or 9. Don't ask me what the appeal was...




No comments: