4.05.2003

Stupid (The Long Winters)

She has no idea she could make me do anything
She acts like it's the simplest thing for me to be there
You tell me no, that I'm a fool to go calling her
I'm calling her
You can call me stupid when she tells me it has to end
Stupid
You can call it that
Stupid
But you have no idea
How stupid I would feel if 15 years from now I see her
And she says "Why didn't it happen between us?"
Stupid

New York soon will hum
The electric car has come
She laughs when I pretend to fall...
You call me out "Let her down easy please, can't you see she believes?"
My friend, you called me stupid then
But you're the one who doesn't see, yeah
Stupid
You can call it that
Stupid
But you have no idea
How stupid I would feel if 15 years from now I see her
And she says "Why didn't it happen between us?"
Stupid

No comments: