7.15.2003

Last Thursday was the deadline for mailing off my swap CD for the Metafilter Music Swap. I actually got mine in the mail (more or less) on time but because our printer ran out of ink, I didn't have a chance to make a cover.
So I'm going to post the set list here...and speaking of set lists...if you're in Seattle, please come out and catch my band Fey Ray at Graceland on Sunday, July 20th. We'll be playing with Femur and The Dandelion Method.

Mefi Mix 07/03:


1-2...5! - Monty Python's Flying Circus (From The Holy Grail)
Wrong - Archers of Loaf
This tune r0xors! It's the first song I'd heard by them and probably still my favorite.
Throne of Blood - Band of Susans
Clearly an 80's rock tune, but in a good way.
Big Shot - Bark Psychosis
Like a blurred photograph...dark and moody, just how I like it!
Umi Says - Mos Def (Zero 7 Remix)
Tired yet hopeful, like me...
The Return of Evil Bill - Clinic
I'd been unimpressed with what I'd heard from Clinic, until this song.
Aerodynamic - Art of Noise and Rakim
"Sumptin' y'all can compare to Baudelaire", indeed."
Heart's Desire - Don Blackman
Jazzy! Groovy! Elegant!!
The Simple Things Are Taking Over - Stratford 4
I've yet to get their album, but damn their bass player is cute!
Saturday - Sparklehorse
I dunno why but when Mark sings "You play great keyboards/On horses teeth", it makes me giggle.
Dub the Pum Pum - The Silvertones
I love the bass sound Scratch Perry got on this one-sends me into the stratosphere!
Sad Sack - Jake London**
A friend of ours (who's younger brother fronts the excellent Sanford Arms), he'd kill me if he knew I was sending it all over the globe!
Heaven Coming Down - The Tea Party
I know. Cheesy. Dinosaury. But so what?! I like 'em!
Far Side of Crazy - Wall of Voodoo
Sums me up at my worst, I think.
Clockwork - Roots Manuva
This cut is just badass. I think RM is totally overlooked in the States.
The Amorous Humphrey Plugg - Scott Walker
Sums up all my life's ambitions in one song!
What the Pillar of Salt Held Up - American Music Club
This one shore is purty...and killing me softly.
Stare at the Sky - Idaho
Ditto.
[We'll] Bootstrap [Our Way to the Stars] - NMVGPTS (nomovingparts)**
Another friend's band. I hope they'll become rock stars and let me roadie for them!

**unsigned local artist





No comments: