8.18.2003

The weekend ended much too soon but before it did, a bunch of us went out on Saturday night. Tracy, Kira, Scott and I ventured to The Eastlake Zoo, a crusty dive bar for Scott's buddy Garrett. I only knew a couple of the Amazonian's there so we mostly kept to ourselves.
Later on we headed down to The Lux on 2nd Avenue to buy Trip a drink for his 32nd. Neil showed up and we downed quite a few beers. I was playing matchmaker, Kira kinda looks like Wynona Ryder with a Cleopatra haircut and she's pretty cool. They seemed to hit it off...my work is done. Still later we came back to the 'stead and drank some more, finally going to bed around 4am.
I had to be at Sean's to record at 1, only to find out he'd been called into work after Matt and I had gotten there. It was a gorgeous day out, so Matt and I walked over to The Cantebury and played some pool. I took the long route home, enjoying the cool air flowing over me and the warm sunshine. I felt really alive for the first time in a long while!
The kitchen remodel is coming along and the back yard is finished. Hopefully, the flooring cabinets, sink and whatnot will be in by the end of the month. I'm tired of eating out all the time. We're going to have to clean the entire house to get rid of all the dust and debris but I think it'll be worth it.

BTW-I'd like to thank everyone for the birthday gifts, cards, drinks, wishes and flowers. Stu got me a DVD of "Raising Arizona" and a book on Marc Chagall. Neil a copy of "The Golden Bough" and Laura got me a book of poems illustrated by William Blake. The most "literary" birthday yet!

Additionally, I'd like to congradulate the Sun|Tzu crew on their successful tour of sunny California and pass along some positive vibes to El Stu, whose grandmother passed away last week.

No comments: