12.03.2003

Sun|Tzu Presents: Bugz in the Attic!!

West London is home to the broken beat scene, where DJ's, producers and musicians collaborate to produce music that I can only describe as the collision of dub, bossa nova, funk, house, jazz and hip-hop. This shit is complex and nuanced. What's even better is that you can work up a sweat on dance floor or enjoy ya drink and nod ya head...it's all good. Seattle has been sleeping on this stuff for quite awhile, but the Sun|Tzu crew has been constantly bringin' it, week after week at The Baltic Room, putting on some great shows and bringing some truly world-class talent to our little burg. NEXT SUNDAY, DECEMBER 7th, they're doing it again, bringing BUGZ IN THE ATTIC to Seattle.
Along with Kyoto Jazz Massive and the mighty Jazzanova, Bugz in the Attic represent the best of the genre.
I don't work for these people, but I do know a good booty-shakin' time when I see one, so I will be there.

I suggest you be there, too.

No comments: