1.20.2004

Scattershot/Braindump

Went out with the boyz and girlz on Friday. First to the Baltic, then to this new joint across the street called The Chapel. The Chapel is in a former funeral home and was dark, loud and full of the Microsofties and frat types that used to hang out at the Capitol Club (that is when they're not running around in Belltown). We had to stand in line for about 20 minutes to get in. I (of course) didn't really wanna, but curiousity did me in. After getting a couple of drinks we bailed and headed up Pine St. to Bimbo's Burrito Kitchen for some late night grub.

I got up early the next day and took a ferry over to Bremerton to see Patty. She and Chad have separated, though he bought a house about a mile away. Patty and I walked over to his place and he gave me a tour, then the three of us went out for Mexican food and then shopping in Silverdale. After dropping us off, Chad went home and Patty and I watched "Kill Bill" (Ossem!) and several episodes of "Cowboy Bebop". Patty took me out to breakfast the next day and then I headed back to Seattle and band practice...and work.

My dreams of Donovan McNabb and Howard Dean winning their respective contests this week have been crushed!

I stayed home from work last night due to insomnia and feeling a cold coming on. I slept from 3 until 10, called in - watched TV, then slept until 8AM this morning.
Tomorrow, I have the night off! I'm going to see El Stu's band TransAtlantic IceFloe and El Chad's band, NMVGPRTS (nomovingparts) at Studio Seven in Sodo!
It will be their first gig together, and NMVGPARTS first Seattle show!
My band Fey Ray, is getting a website redesign and has some upcoming gigs:

Feb 24 @ DMX - instore (Muzak)
Feb 25 @ The Sunset Tavern with The Stares and The Malinks - Fey Ray Record Release - please come on out!
Mar 06 @ KEXP's Audioasis.

Hopefully, y'all will be able to make it to the Sunset, it's gonna be a good time!

Also, I'd like to give a shout out to my boys in the Sun|Tzu Soundsystem for celebrating thier first anniversary putting on Future Soul!! It's been a lot of hard work and I wish them even greater success in '04!! (Hint: Bring Curtis Mantronix to town!)

For deeper analysis of what is Going On In The World Today, youse should check out The Power and Interest News Report, it gives easy to understand updates on various hotspots around the globe and how they are influenced (or influenced by) U.S. foreign policy. I need to link them over on the side there soon.

You should be stopping by Talking Points Memo, like, daily...for real.

And the Center for American Progress (one o' them lefty think-tanks) will be doing a breakdown of tonight's State of the Union speech. I suspect they have their work cut out for them!



Finally, I got this nice note this morning:

hi stacey

i am glad you are my friend

love 4ever,

trish


I wanna say I'm glad you are my friend too, Trish!
This summer is gonna be so Ossem!

2 good
2 b
----------
4 gotten!

No comments: