2.18.2004

Randomage.

Things are humming right along, per usual. On Monday night, Frito and I went to Laurie's for Movie Night. We watched Repo Man! Tim, Tabitha, Stu and Maria were in the house. Laurie made a wonderful Bourbon cake, which we enjoyed with the Chunky Monkey ice cream Stu brought.
I got a raise...Yay! Other than that, not much else to report. I did do some reading on the web about the Borgias and the Medicis, which was both entertaining and shocking. Listened to some Fela and landed on a page about the Gay Deceiver.
I've seen reports saying Howard Dean is about to drop out of the race. It will be interesting to see how the whole Kerry/Edwards thing pans out. Frankly, I'm a bit surprised and concerned about Kerry's spectacular ascension. I'm not happy about his voting for the PATRIOT Act and the war, and I fear he may turn out to be some weird version of "Clinton lite" without the charisma, or something even worse. More than Dean's implosion, I'm puzzled by Clark's lackluster showing -- I didn't care for the guy myself but I thought he'd do much better. I guess I was expecting a more vigorous contest!
Aside from that, I've been obsessed with getting a new P-bass (and I think I've found the one I want!) and combing various online catalogs for cool mods for my bike. Dim Sum is in the works today. I'm craving baked Hum Bow.
I'm thinking of going to Conworks for the Suspension opening on Friday...Traci and Trish are bartending and IQU, Charles Mudede (from the Stranger) and Plan B are all playing.



No comments: