3.01.2004

Aftermath and recap

I joined El Stu at the Meridian 16 downtown for the feel-good movie of the year, 21 Grams. I "enjoyed" it -- like Momento, the film jumps back and forth in time, thus challenging your assumptions. Unfortunately, there is no big 'twist' or payoff in the end, and I suspect that had the story been told conventionally, it would hardly be remarkable at all.
As it was, Naomi Watts, Benicio Del Toro and Sean Penn all turned in fine performances. I hope Naomi does a light comedy next 'cause I think she's radiantly beautiful and I'd like to see her not sobbing her guts out or being stalked by ghosts for a change.
After the movie, Stu and I met up with Tess and James at the Baltic Room for a couple of drinks and then went over the Six Arms for dinner. I made it an early night, I had to clean for the party the next day.

On Saturday we all rolled out of bed and Frito and I got to cleaning, as Cindy had a seminar to attend. We made a run to the liquor store and Costco.
People slowly started to trickle in aroung "party o'clock", I was good and lubed by then on raspberry vodka martinis. Laura brought serveral pounds of mussels from Penn Cove, which we boiled in white wine, with onions, garlic and cilantro. They were sweetest, bestest mussels I've ever had! We also had chips, spinach dip, Cheetos (fried), tortilla chips, salsa, rollup sandwiches, cream puffs, two kinds of homebrew, cookies...sigh.
Sensi Pete showed up! I hadn't seen the fucker in yonks! We smoked some cigs and got caught up...(congrats to Monique - sorry I missed the reception, BTW!). Later on, the kids piled into the hotub. Other than some idiot plugging the toliet (quickly fixed - Thanks Neil) we were 'incident free". I didn't get to bed until close to 5AM.

Band practice was mercifully short, though I am intrigued by a new song Matt is working on!

Ugh. Me tired. Back to bed.

No comments: