6.07.2004

Thank You, Atkins!!

Thank You, Atkins!!

On Friday, Frito and I moseyed down to the Crocodile Cafe to see The Standard, Oceansize and Mclusky. The joint was packed and sold out shortly after we got in. After procuring beers for ourselves, we went into the music room just as The Standard were getting started and proceed to have our ears lovingly assaulted all night long. Because I am a lazy bastard, I'll point to you a-better-than-decent review here and tell you that you should check out both The Standard and Mclusky if you haven't already.
On Saturday I went over to Jordan's place to help set up for the 6th Annual Wig N Skirt Party. We put velvet paintings in the Karaoke Room, wrote fortunes to stick in balloons in the Balloon Room, set up a bar on the back porch, put up lighting, moved furniture, etc. I then went home and got my gear and went to Kristina's so's we could get some dinner before heading to the party.
(An Aside: I guess I've been kinda holding out on this for awhile, but I didn't want to jinx it, and I wasn't sure how it might go until very recently but I guess I got some news: I have a girlfriend!
I met Kristina online (the expensive one that asks you hella questions) and I remember thinking on seeing her picture that she was the one I wanted. I joined just so I could talk to her. I was afraid to get my hopes up, but she responded and we seemed to click. Our first date was about a month ago on a Friday, we went to The Triangle on and met up with Chad, his girlfriend Kelly and some friends of hers. The date ended Sunday night!
K. is a bit of a workaholic, putting in 10 and 12 hour days and since I work nights, I was afraid we might fail, but we seem to be working it out. She comes over a couple of times a week and gets into bed with me until it's time to go to work. For my part, I'm going to try going to bed earlier so I can see her more often. My girl paints and draws and has a way of looking elegant even when wearing jeans, a t-shirt and flip-flops. Now if I could just get her into some better music...)
Anyway, we ate and the Blue Star in Wallingford then got our gear on (me, long plain black skirt, black shirt, boots and white socks. I put on some hugh Mardi Gras beads. K wore a sexy black dress, sandals and a red wig) and we headed out.
Dan told everyone to get there early, as they were going to stop admitting people once the house got full. So the Westsiiide Posse was already there when we arrived.
We quickly set up in the kitchen and made some drinks, then retired to the back porch to smoke some menthols and greet our friends at they came in. After awhile the party bacame a swirl or light, sound and color and there were many, many fine wigs in the house. Frito took some pictures. K and I left around 1:30AM, it sounds like things got pretty crazy after that, but I had "Thangs Ta Do", so I don't feel bad about missing Stu fall over drunk and Neil chasing a really pretty girl around all night.
On Monday morning I was feeling that something was missing from my life. Something important. No, I'm not talking about Jesus...I'm talking about Lucky Fuckin' Charms. I went to the local Safeway and discovered they were on sale -- for $2 a freakin' box! I bought three.
I wondered about this. Cereal is usually crazy expensive, I've paid close to $4 a box in my time and that was before gas prices caused everything else to go up. So, why so cheap? I have a theory: Atkins.
What is breakfast cereal (especially Lucky Charms) other then pure carbohydrates?
I'm gonna stock up!

No comments: