6.03.2004

Untel Dump

Untel Dump

Man, canya belive it's Thursday already?

Our trip to Rendezvous Mountain over the weekend was relaxing, though Friday afternoon traffic and heavy rain in the pass made for some slow going. I think we left the house around two and after a couple of stops (to buy food and gas) we didn't arrive at the cabin until close to 9PM!
I basically spent most of the time reading the 10 Sandman volumes Pam loaned me...and eating all manner of junk food. We also played croquet and board games. We went into nearby Winthrop a couple of times and I ran into an former co-worker in an restaurant there!
On Monday, I insisted on coming back early as possible 'cause I had to go to work that night. We got home around 4, so I got a few hours in before rolling downtown.
On Monday, I started a project that I'd been dying to do for weeks! I gutted the exhaust on my motorcycle. It was a pretty easy job and took longer than it should only because I was woefully unprepared toolwise. I had to make a couple of runs to Lowe's to get everything. Now my pipes are nice and loud - not HEY! LOOK AT ME!! loud, but loud enough to make cause me to grin happily as I roar down the street. Bettie seems to have a bit more "Umph!" too!
Yesterday, I started working on my scooter. I've had a couple of people ask me if I'd be interested in selling her and figured I should get her up to snuff before I had folks coming over to look. I went down to Big People to get some stuff and asked Jeff if he'd seen an increase in sales since gas prices went up. He laughed and told me that they are #1 in new scooter sales in the entire country!
Now, all I need to do is buy a new battery and get some oil and gas in her and clean her up a bit. I'd work on it some more, 'cept I haven't been sleeping well...I'm freakin' beat!
However, the weekend holds much promise, with those mighty Welsh punkrawkers Mclusky hitting the Croc on Friday and the Sixth Annual Wig & Skirt Party on Saturday. (pics here and here.
Oh...my Westsiiide friends have discovered Friendster. Be very afraid.

No comments: