7.30.2004

My Favorite New Band

My Favorite New Band

I think I mentioned that I've been downloading mp3's from various band sites and music blogs like largehearted boy, epitonic and pitchfork. Well, I've discovered my new favorite band, Midlake. They're from Denton, TX (also home of the now-defunct Lift to Experience) and they are simply amazing.
I went to their site and got several tracks from their EP and somehow got my hands on the track "Balloon Maker" (on their new-ish album, "Bamnan and Silvercork") which has sunk into my brain and won't let go. Midlake sound like a mixture of Clinic, recent Flaming Lips and Radiohead, but they manage to sound warmer, more organic and intimate than any of those bands (and I love all three). This is a record that makes me feel wistful and makes my heart swell with its beauty.
You should check 'em out and tell 'em Stacey sentcha...

No comments: