7.13.2004

The Other White Meat

The Other White Meat

On Friday, my Science Fiction Twin Megan (AKA Meggie-Poo) and I met up beers and fried food at the Canterbury, then caught the amazing Bobby Bare Jr. at Neumo's. There was much rejoicing!
Megan's friend Amy joined us for awhile, but she had to leave 'cause she got called into work. Poo is so ossem. Out the blue, she turns to me and says: "Metal Detektor is such a cool song!"
That was so random, I mean - that was the last thing I listened to before going to meet her!
When I told her that she yelled, "We're twins!!"

On Saturday, Frito and his friend Jake put on their annual Birthday BBQ. I loaded up on the pull pork and enjoyed serveral pints of the Belgian Honey White beer Frito made. He also brewed a pilsner and a raspberry ale AND there's a ked of something in the downstairs refrigerator...I'll have to look into it.
After the BBQ, Louise, Ji-Huyn and I went back to our house to climb into the hot tub. We'd been standing out in the intermittant rain all afternoon and the water felt goooood. Stu and Suzanne joined us as did Burt, L.B., Cindy, Scott & Jeff.
Sunday rolled around and I went to band practice, we've got to learn three U2 songs by the 17th for yet another tribute night. After that I went to Stu's place for a BBQ and the first croquet game of the season at his place. Somehow, I wound up manning the grill, which was cool, since I'd already eaten. Unfortunately, I had to go home to get a bit of shut-eye before work.

No comments: