9.23.2004

What Goes On?

What Goes On?

Not much. Fall has embraced the PNW. And while I dread the oncoming cold and wet, inwardly I am rejoicing, thinking about all the soup, TV, beer and books I'm going to consume during the season.
Due to working the Labor Day holiday, I had a little extra in the ol' bank account for a change. So I bought some stuff for my bike, got my tabs renewed and took Bettie in for maintenence. I'm waiting for my girlfriend (yah, it's official...there was no reason to stall, I've known her for quite some time and it skips the awkward "dating" stage) to show up so's we can go out to Renton and pick up a new brake lever. Can you believe that little chunk of metal is gonna cost me $40.22? Especially, when the same part for a Harley-type bike is $6?? What a rip? I did get a good deal on some new grips, but I'm worried they won't fit. Ah, well.
Last Sunday, a bunch of us went to see Sky Captain and the World of Tomorrow at the Columbia City Theater. It's nice to see a movie in the 'hood, yo. Usually, I have to go downtown or somewhere up north, but not anymore. As a matter of fact, I'm going to whatever they're showing there, just to support the place. Columbia City recently got a new bookstore, too. I haven't been in yet, but I'm going up there soon. Finally...
Went dancing with Scott, Cindy and Hot Stuff (the GF) on Saturday. Hotsy was not pleased about having to dress up being a very casual sort of gal, but I wanted to see those cute buns in something other than baggy jeans. 'Sides, if I can dress up for a night out, so can she! Oddly, we wound up doing more drinkin' than dancin', but the best part was going to Dick's for cheeseburgers!
On Monday, Cindy and I went into the wilds of Georgetown for lunch at Arby's then we stopped in at Maruta for Pocky and other assorted treats. Cindy started school yesterday and Hotsy begins next week.
I'd like to wish our friend Louise (AKA Weezy) a very happy birthday!! Also, congrats to Oani on starting her new job.
X-tina will be in town for the weekend and hopefully Hotsy and I will get to see a show on Saturday!

No comments: