1.17.2005

RawkNRooollll....!

RawkNRooollll....!

The week went by rather quickly. I got some good sleep & puttered around doing my thing otherwise and by Friday, I couldn't decide what I was gonna do. So I stayed in and watched Battlestar Galactica. Yeah, I know. But did you see it?
I watched the original growing up and while I loved the special effects, the stories and acting were cheesy as hell. And Galactica 1980? Man, we don't even talk about that.
So this version is so much better. It somewhat grim and tense, which is pretty much what you'd be if you were running for your lives from a relentless and ruthless enemy. And with the exception of DS9, this kicks ass over the other Star Trek shows. So...uh....there.
Anyway, on Saturday Matt kept breaking strings at band practice, so we piled in her car and went over to American Music in Fremont to get some new strings and do the kid in the expensive toy store thing. We ran into one of the guys from Argo and chatted with him for a bit.
Later on, Laura and I went down to see Seth's other band, The Graze and local guys Spanish for 100 at Tost.
I was really impressed by Seth's guitar work! It was hard to believe he's only been playing with those guys for less than a month. Spanish for 100 played a really good set and whipped through the fastest version of "Radio Free Europe" I've ever heard. Robb Benson's new(?) band was up next, but we bailed, 'cause I think he's annoyingly smug.
Laura decided she wanted 1.) food and 2.) dancing, so while I was closing my tab she disappeared only show up with hot dogs! I had one with sauerkraut and another with carmelized onions. It was the best thing EVAR. We went to the Baltic Room 'cause I was pretty sure I get us in for free. Tess, Aaron, Jason and some of their friends were there, seated in the prime viewing spot. Tess and Laura went off to the dance floor and left us fellas behind to smoke and o b s e r v e.
I hadn't seen Tess since Stu's birthday, so we got caught up and Aaron showed me the clubs new 5.1 Dolby sound system. He told me I could come in for a dub set on a Friday. I can't wait...need new records though.
We left around last call.
I watched football all day Sunday, then Laura and I went grocery shopping. Then she made curry for dinner and then I took a nap and headed into work...where there were just two of us all night. Fortunately, Molly and I didn't get overwhelmed, though it looked kinda hairy when I was retrieving images and couldn't find one.
So...now I'm back at home. I've eaten some Raisin Bran and I'm going upstairs to lay in bed, listen to music and read "The Devil in the White City."

No comments: