2.03.2005

I think I might...

I think I might...

Post some mp3's up in here from time to time, 'cause sometimes you hear something and it really strikes you. 'Side only about 20 of you read this thing, so hopefully I won't run into any bandwidth problems.
I have over 1000 CD's and I've spent the last few weeks getting them into my computer. I'm about 80% done.
I also have the habit of buying a CD and letting it sit, waiting days, weeks, months, sometimes years before giving it a spin. For me, music is as much a historical document as it is art. So if I suspect something to be especially noteworthy or good, I'll get it, even though it may not be what I'm into at the moment. Also, the process of discovery and rediscovery yields lots of surprises. A song that may not have been significant a year ago, suddenly gains new meaning because of what is going on with me or friends at the time. I also will buy a CD for one song and devour it without giving much thought to what else is on the disc.
Well, today's song come from the latter. Many moons ago, I saw Jane Siberry's video for "One More Color" off her album "The Speckless Sky" and my blood froze. She has the most angelic voice I've ever heard, even though I kinda dislike the sparkly new wave arrangement now (I thought Sarah Polley and Mychael Danna's more earthy version on "The Sweet Hereafter" soundtrack was better), I still thought she was ossem. So I picked up three of her albums in the years since.
I was listening to songs on random today and this one floated out of nowhere and destroyed me.
It's called "The Taxi Ride." I can't say I hope you enjoy it, 'cause it's pretty sad, but maybe it will have some effect...
Feedback is allways welcome.

No comments: