2.11.2005

Roughshod Like Nephilim

Roughshod Like Nephilim

So a years ago, my friend Mitch and I tossed around the idea of starting a funky metal band. We had a name picked out and everything. I recruited my co-worker Chad, but we couldn't find either a drummer nor a practice space. Mitch moved to New York and Chad over to Bremerton and I puttered around until late 2001, when Matt, Seth and I got together to form Fey Ray.
But the metal band idea didn't exactly die. Chad was in Swelter and nomovingparts and is down with several guys who've played in and around the South Sound. We get on the I Give A Shit forum and discuss movies, books, politics and of course, music. And a lot of us are on MySpace.
One of Chad's buddies is Dave, who he played with in Swelter and most recently shredded in Argonaut. A few weeks ago Dave sent me a message and asked "When are we gonna put that band together?" I thought, "Why the hell not?"
Chad has a drum kit, bass gear and a recording setup, so all I have to do is show up. Dave's coming up from Tacoma. I figure we'll practice a couple of times a month and see how it goes. Chad says he's aiming for a Karp-like sludgefest, so maybe we'll tune down to C! Anyway, I gotta be back on Saturday for Fey Ray so I won't get to hang and visit my friends over there.
Roughshod Like Nephilim is the name I picked. It sounds large, loud and dynamic and since all three of us are kinda burly guys, it fits. Hopefully, we'll have some music to post soon.
Wish me luck!

No comments: