3.03.2005

The Last Goodbye...

The Last Goodbye...

I was out sick Tuesday night, the cold I thought I'd kicked came roaring back at me, but I'm feeling a little better now. I felt bad about calling in sick during my last week, but I really felt like crap!
In a little less than 24 hours, I will have finished my last night at Corbis! I have a full weekend off in which I'm planning on catching Jolie Holland at the Triple Door with Peter, Kiyo, Richelle, Dante & Kim and maybe The Futureheads on Sunday, before reporting to my new job on Monday.
The transition will be tough, but spring is kicking in and I think my plan for becoming a daywalker again is sound. I need new contact lens, so I'm planning on getting some tomorrow.
This doesn't seem real yet. I've been removing all my junk from my workstation and trying not to watch the clock. I'm going to really miss Jean, Molly, Renee & Rick and the swing shift guys. But the excitement of working with Gary and Johnny again and having my nights back really has me grinning! There are other things I want to do too. Maybe take some weekend bike trips around the state. Resume Wing Chun classes...or at least get a fitness plan going. Play more shows and do more music! DJ some Dub sets at the Baltic...

2 comments:

lindstar said...

you're starting work tomorrow... right? should be fun. :D

lindstar said...

you're starting work tomorrow... right? should be fun. :D