3.28.2005

Whuf...!

Whuf...!

J and I went to see Low at Neumo's on Thursday. Pedro the Lion opened up and played a very solid, rockin' and loud set! Something about Josh Bazan makes you wanna hug him.
Low came on and they seemed to be having an off night. Of course, people in the crowd yelling song titles at them probably didn't help their mood much. Zak Sally (bass) looked like he wanted to slug someone. I can't say I blame him, you spend time, thought and energy getting your set together and then some yahoo starts demanding you change your game plan! Stu and Rachel went to see them on Friday and said it was a much better set. I think they were near the end of their tour so maybe they're home in Duluth by now.
We picked up Laura's cousin Reva at Sea-Tac last week. She's from San Diego and is thinking about moving to Seattle...actually, I think it's pretty much a done deal at this point! We spent most of the weekend showing her around. We took her to Fremont, wandered around the International District, The Seattle Center, Westlake Mall and then over to Lake Union so she could see the houseboat where Tom Hanks stayed in "Sleepless in Seattle." I was exhausted and really wanted to stay in Saturday night, but they talked me into going to the Mirbeau Room for Love Life. I have to say it was a lot of fun. They played everything from Bhangra to cheesy 80's tunes. Every one seemed there to dance and during the early part of the night, the women outnumbered the men!
We danced and drank and smoked clove cigarettes (as is our wont) and then at 1:30AM traipsed across the street to Dick's for some cheeseburgers.
I had to come into work to get some stuff done and flailed about miserably until almost 7PM. My scanner is having some problems and the repair guy changed my settings! I had some other work to do so I didn't get a drum on until late in the afternoon, but then this set me back even further! I finally figured it out and set up another drum to scan before I left for home.
Tonight we're hosting Movie Night at my place. We're watching "Uptown Saturday Night" and "Let's Do It Again." Geez, I remember catching those flicks at The Lewis & Clark WAY back in the day...

No comments: