5.09.2005

All's Quiet on the Western Front

All's Quiet on the Western Front

The weekend was nice, I vegged on the couch after 10 hour day at work. I was kinda bummed 'cause Gang of Four was playing at the Showbox and like any self-respecting post-punker, I shoulda been there. I've been listening to a lot of Shriekback and dub lately and repetative bass lines and angular, scratchy guitars have been doin' if for me lately.
The roommate and I got up and attacked our badly-neglected yard Saturday. I really wanted to just lay in bed but I couldn't. We pulled weeds and used a gas-powered thingy to trim things up a bit. The front yard is maybe 8' X 6' but it's uneven as hell and no matter how many times I go over it with the push mower, it still looks half-ass. Even so, we completely filled up our yard waste container. I'm glad it's raining now.
Anyway, we went to breakfast afterwards and goofed off. Then Laura went to see "Kingdom of Heaven" and I went to the Baltic Room to catch Jeremy Ellis AKA AYRO. If you can catch this cat live, you should! He's freakin' amazing. He sings, programs loops on his MPC sampler and plays keyboards, seamlessly switching from one thing to another. And that description doesn't really do him justice!
I'd planned to watch basketball all day Sunday, but I couldn't really find any...so I did the usual and flipped back and forth between The Discovery Channel, TLC, Sci Fi, Cartoon Network the MTV's. We ordered Thai food and somehow I still didn't get to sleep until after 1AM.

Oy vey.

No comments: