5.01.2005

And All I Had To Say Was "Seven and Eight"

And All I Had To Say Was "Seven and Eight"

We had a really good time on Thursday, thanks to everyone who came out to support us. I wish I could've stayed to catch Plan B, but with their groovy, uber-hipsterish sound, I'm sure they'll be all over the place...probably faster than you can say "RazRez."
I'm friggin' beat...it's partially my fault, staying up late, etc. But I'm trying to have a life and enjoy the long-awaited good weather we've been having. "The Wife" hasn't been feeling good and we've been very short and snippy with each other.
I went over to the Westsiide (Port Orchard) to hang out with Chrissy (Jason), Liz and the gang. It was Beltaine, but unlike last year -- this was much more like a regular party. Liz made a ton of food and we were all in the arms of Venus De Milo...if it had been 10 degrees warmer, it would've been perfect!
I had planned to come home early, 'cause I had to work. Wound up goofing off until close to 3AM.
Jay and set off for home. He lives in Des Moines now and I was going to follow him to Tacoma. I wore a half-helmet, goggles and my Joe Rocket ballistic jacket. Not exactly the best gear for riding at night at 70MPH in 50 degree weather. Somewhere along the way, Jay hit something in the road and got a flat. I held the flashlight and watched the road as he changed the tire (swearing the whole time) and followed him until we got past Tacoma. I got home as the sun was coming up.
I had to work so I decided to come in at noon. I woke up on my own at 9 or so. Three hours sleep!! Needless to say, I'm glad there's a Tully's on my block.

No comments: