8.28.2005

Reunion -- Not!

Reunion -- Not!

So my 20 year high school reunion was this weekend. After months of haverin', I let entropy take over and didn't go. I thought I'd somehow work up the energy to attend the picnic over in Wes'Seattle this afternoon, but after sweating through band practice, all I wanted to do was eat some Phad See Ieew and chill.
I suppose I probably missed a potentially great time, but then, I suppose I already know the score.
Anybody that I really, really feel a need to talk to is still just a phone call away. Everyone else just means awkwardly talking about jobs, wives/husbands and kids. For me, one outta three ain't bad.
I was only at the high school I graduated from for a year, though I knew a lot of people there from junior high. My sophomore and junior years were in Georgia.
When I got back to Seattle, I felt a little more self-posessed, more self aware and while I had friends, I wasn't afraid to go to movies and ball games by myself. I saw that as a kind of strength. And here, years later, I'm still very picky about who I'll let in.
I wonder if I'll regret my decision (or lack thereof) years from now, but my curiousity wasn't that strong... somehow, I doubt it.

No comments: