1.15.2006

Man...I'm Beat!!

Man...I'm Beat!!

I rolled out of bed at 5AM after a night of fitful sleep on Wednesday and rode by bike up to Providence. I was right on time. Mom was just coming out of the changing room and my aunt Barbara was there. We spent the next hour and a half watching as Mom got prepped for surgery. I sucked down the biggest Mocha I could find, 'cause I knew it was going to be a long day.
They sent my aunt and me down to the main lobby around 7:30...and there we sat.
After my aunt and I got all caught up, I basically spent most of the day reading (George R.R. Martin's "A Game of Thrones") and listening to tunes. Mom was supposed to be out of surgery around ten, but she wasn't until 12:30 or so. We kept waiting for someone to tell us something, but no one came or sent word, so we went up to her room at 2 and she was just waking up.
Anyway, turned out everything went OK. So I hung out for another hour or so and went home. I was exhausted.

On Friday, a bunch of my former Getty coworkers and friends met up at Zig Zag to celebrate Robert and Kelly's engagement. Bob and I talked motorcycles (of course) and had drinks. Frito came down and around 11 or so, Jay, Frito and I went out to Nectar for WORLDWIDE! I was pretty buzzed and even though Frito was buying, I had to turn him down so at least one of us could drive Jay's car when we got back to it. It was surreal, we're standing around on the patio smoking and I recall some guy coming up to me and telling me that he loved my band.
I remember we were talking about music and said something akin to, "Dude, even though I'm not really into Dave Matthews, the guy does occasionally say stuff I think is cool. I mean like -- he was talking about Chris Whitley (who died recently) and he said, 'Chris Whitley's story is one of the things I really don't like about this business. I hold the man's music in higher regard than my own.' That's fuckin' cool."
WTF?
Anyway I sobered up enough to get Jay and I back here. Jay puked in the grass on the way in and passed out in a chair. I climbed into bed fully clothed and at least had the prescence of mind to set my alarm clock before zonking out. I guess Jay left around 4AM.

I got up Saturday at 8AM 'cause I wanted to get the oil and brake fluid changed in my GPZ before heading over to Bremerton to watch the Seahawks/Redskins game. I rode out to Lake City Powersports and dropped the bike off. Then I walked up Lake City Way until I could find a decent coffee shop. I bought a quadruple Mocha with a shot of raspberry and spent the next couple of hours reading and listening to "lite jazz" before heading back. The bike was ready, so I took the freeway downtown to get to the ferry. On the way, I had to pass within a couple of blocks of the stadium. It was already a festival atmosphere and I almost ran some jackass over, going until the viaduct.
I got to JR and Kim's about a half hour after the game had started. Liz was there too. We had pretty standard snacks and drank Corona. After the game was over Liz had to go to work, so me and shot the shit while Kim (wisely) took a nap. Later, I met them and Patty on the boat and we hung out during the hour-long crossing.
After getting food at Dick's and stopping by Margaret's, we finally made it until The Vogue. The tunes were OK, but I was dressed for biking, not clubbing and I was pretty tired. Oani came down and I spent most of the time holding the tables and drinking beer. After closing The Vogue, we walked over to The Mercury and hung out there until close to 4AM.
I got up around 11 today, went out and fixed the speedometer on the GPZ and then decided I wanted to go for a ride. This was the first dry weekend day in ages, so I threw my book in my pack and went down towards Frito's, then up and over Beacon Hill into Georgetown. Then I got up to about 70 on Airport Way heading south, then turned around and raced north. I got into the International District and decided I wanted Dim Sum.
Then I needed a nap. Stu and Rachel were hosting Movie Night, but I couldn't get out of bed for it...and I just got an email from JR saying that the plan next weekend is to go to Noc Noc...whoa.

No comments: