3.27.2006

This Will Be Our Year

This Will Be Our Year

I went to a Metafilter meetup on Wednesday and hung out for quite awhile. Everyone was really friendly and fun. We got a buzz on, did some shoutouts and had some food. I met some new people and saw some others I hadn't a long time...good times, good times.
On Friday, Frito and I went to see his latest Blue Disguise signing The Emergency down at the Croc, but I was broke and they were on first (thought we'd get on the list). So we had a warm MGD (yick!) and walked down to the hotel where Cindy works and had a few with her and her friends. Which was...interesting to say the least.
On Saturday I met up with Tracy for coffee...which turned into beers...which turned into dinner at one of my favorite Thai food joints. I came home for awhile, then hopped the ferry to Southworth and hung out with some of the Westside posse. It was Miss Kim's birthday and she got some really neat presents. Spanish soap, a watch and a comb for her hair, a notebook and a really nice electric guitar! I guess she'll be taking lessons soon.
I hung out with Tracy again on Sunday, then met up with Kathleen in Ballard for chai & cupcakes, then we caught the new Spike Lee Joint. VERY good movie...probably one of the best 'crime genre' movies I've seen in ages. I'll have to watch it again to catch some of the stuff I missed.
K. and I parted ways after the flick and I met Stu at my house. We got some really bad deli food at Safeway, then went to Frito's for movie night. We watched a couple of short documentaries that Laurie had produced for The Seattle Channel and PBS. Then Stu pulled out the Short Films of David Lynch...I was unimpressed. So much so, that I fell asleep on Cindy.
All-in-all a good week. And there a good things on the horizon. As I was walking home from the bus stop today, I thought, "This is gonna be a good year."

I can feel it, yo.

No comments: