So I went down to the Cretin's clubhouse on Thursday 'cause a) they were meeting there and b) "RhinoViper" from Denver (and the UTMC) was in town and wanted to hang out with some of us Seattle bikers. I got there and was (re) introduced to some of the fellas and had a few beers.
Bob the Junkman, Micah, Chops, Jason and some of the others showed up. There were two monitors, one playing old Isle of Man and Moto GP races and the other was "The Cycle Savages" and "The World's Fastest Indian."
I was in a good mood 'cause I've finally gotten the GPZ (AKA The Road Bike) running again. Turned out that the ground wire had somehow gotten stripped, shorted and broke. I had been digging around looking for loose wires and whaddyaknow? I twisted the two parts back together again and wrapped the whole think in electrical tape. Plopped in the freshly charged battery and she started right up! I've been riding it around ever since.
Anyway, Danelle was really freakin' cool. Her boyfriend is stationed at Ft. Lewis is about to ship out for a 3 year tour in Germany, so she came out from Denver to see him. Being the hardcore SV650-riding babe she is, she put up a post on the UTMC board looking for the "Seattle Contingent" (The UTMC doesn't have chapters, it's the anti-motorcycle club motorcycle club). Smokey and I responded and it was all good.
I dragged my sick ass out of bed on Friday and went to work. On returning home I realized I'd left my keys at the office. Fortunately, Johnny stayed late and Kim said he'd be there another half hour! I bump started the GPZ (the Drifter key was downtown) and got there in time to grab 'em. Then I met Maria, Oani, Jay, Neil and Renee at the Twilight Exit for beers and Nachos.
On Saturday, I rolled down to my sister's house in Tacoma for my middle nephew's graduation. Luke is a good kid and my mom and aunt's all showed up. The ceremony was held at the Tacoma Dome. I ran into a old coworker from my insurance days.
On returning home, I was trying to rally to go to The Baltic Room to catch SunTzu's monthly, but Tess and I talked and we decided to hang out at her house. She and I got caught up then wandered across the street to Laurie and Barcus' place. We sat on the deck and listen to a funk show on KGRG, drinkin' and smokin'. Then Tess went home to sleep and Laurie and I went into the basement and played records until I left around 1AM.
I woke up around 9 on Sunday and went over to Frito's. We watched the first half the Frace v. S. Korea match, then went out to Frye's. I bought some new headphones for my Creative Zen and Frito checked out some parts for his new computer. I got home and realized I was dead. effin. tired. I went to bed around 6, woke up at 9, chatted online until 10 or so, then went back to bed.
All in all...a good weekend.

Tonight I'm going to The Baltic to catch my friend Ryan's DJ set. The legendary Gregory Isaacs is at Chop Suey tomorrow night, but I may have band practice...

1 comment:

fat_girl said...

bobbert works at frye's on Sundays. he left around 3 or so cause it was dead but you might have seen him.