12.04.2006

Update...

Update...

The new job is going quite well. It took a few days to get my email set up and now I will taking on more and more of Cole's duties and figuring ways to simplify and arrange things to my liking.
I really like the atmosphere, it's just the four of us. The boss lady knows how to crack the whip, but then she also likes to have fun. I'm gonna be meeting some key people over the next few weeks...I have until the end of the month before Cole leaves and Rebecca and I completely take over his duties. I'm really excited!

There was a Toy Run down in Olympia this weekend. Rebecca, a woman I know from a motorcycle board I belong to, sent out an invite and since I'd never been on a run (or to South Puget Sound on my bike before) I really wanted to go. I got all geared up and hit the highway around 11AM Saturday. The ride down was pretty uneventful, but cold, even though I was wearing two pairs of gloves!
I found the the South Sound Center easily enough. I didn't bring a toy, so I paid the $10 entry fee and got lined up. One half of the parking lot was full of bikes, mostly Harley's and it seemed everyone had on leathers. I felt a bit out of place with my Joe Rocket suit, full face helmet and Kawasaki, but I didn't let it phase me. I'm the one paying for and riding this bike, if you don't like it -- bite me!

I found Rebecca and her friend Doug and we chatted a bit before the 1PM ride time. The local paper said there were something like 72oo riders! It didn't seem like that many, but it did take something like 20 minutes just to get all of us out of the parking lot! As we rolled through town, people stood on the sidewalks and waved. The sun peeking through the haze and the roar of bikes and the close formation made for an exhilerating experience! The ride was fairly short, though. We got to a park near the State Capitol building (a lovely scene) and parked our bikes on both sides of the street. I met up with Rebecca and Doug again, the toys were collected and we spent an hour or so looking at rides. Most of the bikes I saw were fairly new Harley Electra-Glides, Springers, Road Kings, etc. but there was a couple of old Indians, Gilroy Indians and a really cool bobber built around a Yamaha mill.

Doug left after awhile and Rebecca and I spent the rest of the evening bar-hopping an drinking. I crashed at her place, got up had some coffee and watched a bit of football and rode home Sunday afternoon. There was a Motorcycle show this weekend, but I was too beat to go!

This week, my band has a gig at The Comet Tavern on Thursday. Come down if you can make it! We'll bring the rawk!

No comments: